Saturday 24 April 2010

Great friends

Great friends make a world of difference.

My first night being alone in England, I went to a pub with a few friends, had a few Strongbows and dinner and just laughed and had a great time. I was distracted until I crawled into a empty bed when I got home.

Today, I went shopping in Bury St Edmonds with the same friends who, by the way, didn't even ask if I was actually interested. They just informed me I was going and I had an hour to shower and get dressed before they would pick me up! So we wandered for a few hours around the open market, tried on lots of fabulous hats, ate lunch, drank coffee and just pleasantly passed the time.

I love having great friends. To these people, I'm not just Steenbergen's Wife. I have a name and feelings. They even were on the hunt to help me find shoes to match my bridesmaid's dress for next month! I had planned to read most of the day and maybe drag my sorry but to the gym- the day actually ended up being much better and included a skype call with one of my long lost best friends back in Ky.

I am so thankful for my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment