Wednesday 14 April 2010

Ely, UK

I went with my friend, Alison, to Ely. It used to be Isle of Ely when it used to be completely surrounded by water. Alas, it is no longer an Isle but its still a fantastic place to visit. We planned to go to an amazing little tea room but sadly, it was closed, being only open Wed-Sun. Instead, we ate at a little cafe that was pretty good. Alison had a cheesy sort of vegetable cake/lasagna except there were no noodles, and I had a fantastic chicken caesar salad which came with bacon; if all English caeser salads come with bacon, I will start ordering more of them!

After lunch, we toured the Ely Cathedral. We did the Octagon Tower tour where you actually get to go up into the tour, and walk up tiny spiral stair cases, open wooden panels 65 ft high that are painted with angels, and admire the Ely landscape from the roof. It was absolutely amazing! Here are a few of the pictures. Unfortunately, my camera died before we actually went up in the tower. I am hoping to get a few pictures from Alison and will post them to give you a better idea of what we saw on the tour.





No comments:

Post a Comment