Tuesday 31 August 2010

Whoops

Wow. I really haven't posted anything in a like a week! Can you say slacker?

I haven't been particularly busy. Just hung out with the hubs all weekend. Grocery shopped yesterday since it was Monday. Today has been slightly more eventful.

Tuesday means Crud. I went to crud practice and tried to work on my crud ineptitude skills. There were only four of us today, rather than the usual 6 or 7. We were far outnumbered by screaming little kids- 6 under the age of, oh, 6. All running around, screaming, demanding snacks, biting and playing Kitty Rescue Center. They are a hoot! However, that was not the high point of the practice. Oh no, I was the high point of morning when I about BUSTED MY FACE OPEN on the side of the table (which is basically a big billiards table) ! Yes, folks, that's right. I, once more, ended up face down on the floor due to my own natural "grace". Here's what happened: I grabbed the white ball from side of the table and was trying to run to the end of the table. I attempted to run around my friend Jaime when I lost my footing. My chin/lowerjaw collided with the corner of wood right next to the corned pocket. I ended up crumpled up on the floor, face in my hands. My eyes watered by I actually didn't cry, big surprise there. There was a slight metallic taste in my mouth. I was about to freak out, not because I smashed my face into an oversized pool table, but because I thought I had knocked my bottom loose if not a few completely out of place! If you didn't know, I have nightmare about my teeth falling out. Thankfully, my teeth are still completely in place and completely stuck in my jaw. We actually played another game after. I even went to lunch with with them afterward and made friends with a few of the little boys. They are so cute!

Rest of Tuesday? Cleaned the entire bathroom including scrubbing the litter box- big fun! Now, I'm working on laundry, listening to Michael Buble- lovin' it! Making Spicy Mango Chicken and roasted veggies for dinner. And you can bet when he gets home, Gerrit will be kissin' my boo boo to make it all better!   : )


No comments:

Post a Comment