Thursday 9 September 2010

Nothing New

I have become horrible at posting. There honestly just hasn't been much for me to write.

Since I almost knocked my teeth out last Tuesday, I have played some more crud and have vastly improved. Even the women I play with are commenting that I am starting to hit some really good shots! Awesome! Oh, and since smashing my face into the table, the awkwardness has definitely started to subside. You know what I'm talking about- that weirdness that happens when you first start hanging out with someone and you don't necessarily have much to talk about or you just feel out of place- yeah, I can definitely join in conversations and do a little crud trash talk here and there. These women are so fun to hang around with that I am definitely going to be sad when Gerrit is no longer attached to the squadron that their husbands are in. Crud tournament is in, oh... 16 days, I believe. Should be interesting to say the least!

I also have been making up some new recipes and using Gerrit as a guinea pig. So far, so good! He is still alive and hasn't had a single bad thing to say about any of them.

On Monday, we went to Thorpe Park- an amusement park- with some friends. Rode some roller coasters, ate food that I definitely do not want to the know the caloric values for, rode some more roller coasters and spent almost 6 hours in the car. Made for a very long Monday but it was definitely fun!

Those are pretty much the high lights of the last week or so. Still frustrated with certain aspects of life but all I can do is wait for them to work themselves out.


No comments:

Post a Comment