Tuesday 24 August 2010

Tuesday

Today, I played Crud* for the very first time at my very first crud practice. What is crud????  This is crud. There is a tournament coming up at the end of September and I decided to jump in on the fun. Evedentally, this is a big AF thing. Some people are easy going and some people... are hardcore... even at practice. Lots frantic scrabbling around a large billiards table. Hip checks. Flying elbows. Tons of laughter.

Usually not a mean spirited person, it took two hours before I braved hip checking anyone, not wanting to offend any of my new friends. Rather, they were encouraging the violence and told me I stop being so nice or I was to get pummeled at the tournament. On my second hip check, my opponent moved unexpectedly, graceful me toppled to the ground, trying to cling to the table and still make a shot before the ball was dead- sadly, I failed at the shot but succeeded in making everyone laugh and share more hip checking stories!

Next practice: Thursday morning. I must remember my game face and leave my nicer, friendlier self at home and bring uber-competitive, playground-bullies-couldn't-make-me-flinch Lindsay out of the closet.

The rest of Tuesday? 4 loads of laundry (how does my husband generate that much laundry in a single week?? There are only two of us!!!) including a load of blue, skyping, enjoying my Be Thankful candle from *Yankee Candle (ridiculously scrumptious smelling), and enjoying yet another great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment