Monday 9 August 2010

One Year Anniversary!

So I didn't actually post on Saturday because it was chock full o' wonderfulness with my dear husband because it was our One Year Anniversary! Surprise to all you who thought our we didn't get married until December!

A year ago, I flew down to Texas to marry the love of my life. Part of the reason for the rush was getting the proper paperwork processed so I would make it on his orders to England. And then of course there is the whole I was just plain darn ready for him to be mine-all-mine and for me to be his-all-his. I still got to wear a white dress- this cute little white sundress I just happened to buy at the beginning of the summer. He got out of class early, and we went down to the courthouse in San Angelo and tied the knot! And Lucky Gerrit, he got to marry me twice so he's lucky enough to get to remember two anniversaries!

The silly guy couldn't wait until Saturday to give me my gifts which include XXX amount of money I'm allowed to use towards spa girlie indulgences AND a huge bouquet of white lilies and some callas. However, when he saw they didn't quite fill up my pretty crystal vase. he decided he just had to buy more and did so the next day! Now my whole downstairs smells like lilies :)





On Saturday, we enjoyed breakfast and watched Freedom Writers. We showered and had lunch at Emily's Tea Room. Across the little street was a flower shop which is where he bought 4 more stems of day lilies that were loaded with flowers waiting to open. We dropped off movies that were due and picked up two more. I introduced Gerrit to the movie Singin' In The Rain and he loved it! For dinner, Gerrit took me to this little Italian place a town away called Jean Paul's- 'twas absolutely scrumptious! And to finish the evening, we watched the video of our wedding in December that my big sister made for us. Of course I got  teary eyed and enjoyed every minute of it!




We demolished the tirmisu roulade and the chocolate lime torte before I remember to take a picture....

And what a wonderful anniversary it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment