Monday 21 June 2010

Sorry for Slacking

Yes, yes, I am sorry for slacking. But really, you didn't miss a thing. Saturday and Sunday were wonderfully boring. Working out, playing with Georgie, NCIS, and of course, yesterday evening I went I to church. We had a guest chaplain since the one who had been doing the contemporary service PCSed (moved for all you civilians) to Florida last week. I really liked the guest, though. He was very forward with the Father's Day message and tied it in to a lot of different things in a way that really brought the message home. I hope he comes back again soon. Oh, and it was cold all weekend, or at least until about 10pm last night.

Today, I worked out, NCISed it up some more, and then went out to eat with friends. We went to Cambridge to a Bella Italia, which is a chain of, you guessed it, Italian restaurants. The food was great as was the atmosphere. I enjoyed bruschettta, a pesto pizza with red and yellow peppers, red onions, and mushrooms, and then for dessert, tiramisu. The bruschetta was in honor of my best friend, Sara, who I always think of when I get bruschetta. And because he was not there to enjoy it for himself, I ate the tiramisu for my hubby. I'm pretty sure he is going to be super jealous when I tell him how awesome it was- simple yet delish!

And finally, it was warm! I wore bermudas and a tank top! Woo sunshine and warmth! Bring on the Vitamin D! I sure hope it sticks around for a while. For the record, today was the longest day of the year. Here, the sun light lasted for 16 hours and 50 minutes.

Oh, and by the way, this time next week, Georgie will finally be fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment