Friday 11 June 2010

Friday, Friday, and moooore Friday

 My Friday began at 135am GMT. I was rudely awaken by an intense migraine/tension headache and alternating cold chills and heat flashes. I took ibuprofen which seemed to help but a smidgen. I tried covers on and off; just sheet, sheet plus comforter; tshirt and shorts, just a tshirt. I gave up at 4am and resumed my NCIS marathon with Season 2 and a cup of fully caffeinated tea. The tea seemed to help clear the head but I definitely never went back to sleep.

From 830am to 230pm, I attended an Air Force Heartlink which helps spouses learn the ins and outs of Air Force life, how to cope with certain situations, and how to go about getting military related things accomplished. A lot of the information was wonderful and informative and helped to clear some murky issues up. However, there was SSSSSSSOOOOOOOO much info, I felt ridiculously overwhelmed and pressured into memorizing it all; not just for future reference, but to bring up with Gerrit and discuss how to handle certain situations and procedures. I feel like the information may have been better presented in smaller chunks according to corresponding topics/information rather than lumping it and cramming it all together.Still, it did help plus I got a spouses's coin which is pretty darn neat. And I met a two more wives, around my age, with college degrees, sans jobs and children. It's always great to meet new people!

By thte time I got home, I'd been up for 12+ hours. I resumed my marathon and dozed for about half an hour before I got my act together to go buy groceries. I took advantage of one of my favorite "Wife Privileges" and stole one of Gerrit's tshirts that was too small and went shopping. When I got done, I looked like some sort of weird health nut. Why??? Contents of my cart: milk, eggs, yogurt, berries, lowfat/high fiber granola bars, fresh and frozen veggies, spinach leaves and tortillas and beverages including vitamin enriched Snapple* Teas and Fuze juices, lo-cal Gatorade, and low-sodium V8. I maintain the statement that I am no nut, I have other "real" food at home, and I am just really conscious of my what I eat from day to day. However, said food consciousness in the past 4 weeks (along with regular exercise) has decreased my pant size by a whole size! Woo!

George helped me put away groceries and supervised my dish washing, much as I supervise Gerrit. He gave plenty of "You need more soap," "You missed a spot," and "Why didn't I get to lick that bowl first?" looks in the process. It's still just now 8pm, and I am bound and determined to talk to Gerrit on Skype this evening before I go to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment