Monday 28 June 2010

Oh Poor Mister Georgie

Poor Mister Georgie got neutered today. And micro chipped, and nail trimmed, and vaccinated, and eye-gooped. Since the first few are rather self-explanatory, I'll explain the last. While George was under anesthesia, they noticed irritation in his cornea. So, they added these fluorescent drops and shined a black light on his eye. They found his had a corneal ulcer- in other words, he had a scratch on his, either from getting to happy when he was scratching or just from being brushed in the face and not closing his eye quick enough when he was being rambunctious. Hence, the antibiotic eye-goop. Other than that, everything went very well, and they commented on how very sweet my little boy is.

When I got him home, I left him in his carrier but propped open the door so he could come out on his own terms. He stayed in awhile, asleep. When I went to take out the trash and left the front door, that was enough to tempt the sneaky little bugger halfway out of his cage before he promptly laid back down and just watch, and momentarily, passed back out. A while later, I was standing in the kitchen eating and in walks George- I figured he wanted a little food and water. Nope! He wanted the fly that was buzzing around! The little black terd.... I'm pretty sure he managed to catch it and eat it before he promptly fell back asleep. It's like having a narcoleptic cat. However, I noticed that his back side was wet along with parts of his tail and hind legs. When I checked him, I realized the poor little guy had wet himself while he was asleep in the carrier.

Poor Mister Georgie has had an all-around tough day.

Though its been nice to be able to keep a few window wide open to let the breeze blow right through the house.

Futher updates on Georgie's condition tomorrow after he gets pain meds and dewormer goo- yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment