Monday 14 June 2010

Mmmm....yoga

Have I ever mentioned that I love yoga?

Something about the different poses pulling on muscles I never knew existed leaves me feeling all warm and fuzzy feeling inside... or maybe that is all the energy I'm burning trying to balance myself on one foot while the other leg is twisted around it nd both arms are intertwined while lifting 10 extra pounds.

But seriously, I love going to the yoga classes on base. After working out earlier in the day, it's the perfect way to adequately stretch and relax my exhausted muscles. My favorite poses are usually the ones termed "more advanced" where you have to bend that bit back to tuck that bit there while twisting the other half of your body in the opposite direction.

Why else do I love it? Tonight, I got to do headstands. I haven't done a headstand in years, and I'm pretty sure I was one of maybe 3 people in the entire class, 4 if you include the instructor.

If I could become a yoga instructor, I think I could definitely be happy going to work every single day for hours. Super comfy clothes, no shoes allowed, relaxing and mellow music all combined with contorting my body and stretching my muscles.... sounds like pure heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment