Monday 12 July 2010

A Hot but Wonderful Saturday

On Saturday, Gerrit and I drove to Ely- a city that used to be an uninhabitable island surrounded by water in East Anglia. I had already been once before with my friend Alison but I thought Gerrit would appreciate seeing the history and the architecture. Here is the post about my first visit to Ely. Unfortunately, the tower that I had gone on previously- The Octagon Tour- was completely filled by the time we showed up at noon-thirty. Instead, we went on the West Tower Tour which was equally awesome. Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy:









 After our 2 hour tour plus some exploring the Cathedral on our own, we walked to the river and went to the Peacocks Tearoom. It was so warm we decided against the tea but voted for the Bailey's Iced Coffee and, of course, fruit scones with jam and clotted cream.! Here are a few pictures from the tea room:





And for dinner Saturday, after a wonderful trip, I made a new recipe which turned out utterly fantastic! One last picture of my scrumptious Lemon Basil Chicken'N'Roasted Veggie Pasta:


No comments:

Post a Comment