Friday 9 July 2010

Back to Normal... almost

Things are almost back to normal, Thank the Lord!

It has been absolutely wonderful having Gerrit home. We have just been enjoying his time off work this week (He only had to go in today) working out and running, hanging out with friends, lovin' on Mr Georgie, cleaning the house and doing laundry. Time has absolutely flown by. I woke up this morning and realized I was in bed alone and, for a split second, panicked because I thought I dreamed Gerrit had come home. I had to look around the house just to check that all of his stuff really was there.

I went to the grocery after working out today and picked up stuff to make for dinner this weekend. Is it sad that I am excited to start cooking again??? I didn't pick up anything for dinner tonight so Gerrit and I may go out just grab something if we don't get a Pub Night summons. But I'm ridiculously stoked for tomorrow's dinner- my very own creation: Chicken'N'Roasted Veggie Pasta. Basically I'm roasting a bunch of veggies in the oven and baking a some chicken breasts, chopping it all up and throwing it in a pot with pasta, olive oil, fresh basil, salt'n'pepper, and lemon juice. It is going to be dominantly chicken and veggies with small amount of pasta so it should be pretty light and tasty! I may thrown in some other herbs, though, I haven't really decided. And then Sunday I'm relying on what my mama taught and making her ridiculously amazing Meat Loaf with roasted potatoes and sauteed green beans with toasted almonds. The Steenbergens will be eatin' pretty dang well this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment