Sunday 18 July 2010

Surprise!

My poor husband has the worst schedule over the next few days. Tonight, he will have a "12" hr shift though he left an hour early and will get home more than an hour after his shift ends tomorrow morning.

I couldn't exactly send a home cooked meal with him so instead I sent him 3 dozen oatmeal cookies and 3 dozen oatmeal-choco chip cookies that I baked fresh this morning while he went and worked out.

As always, he asked if there was anything he could pick up on his way home from the gym. I made a mental joke to myself how some flowers might be nice but I didn't say a word out loud.I just kissed him and shooed him out of the kitchen.

About 2 and a half hours, 6 dozen cookies cooling, and half way through my shower later, I hear the front door open and Gerrit hollering at me. I ask if the house smells like cookies and he replied yeah but it probably won't smell like cookies for long. I peek around the shower curtain and....

SURPRISE!

My wonderful husband brought home my favorite flowers: lilies! Two big stems loaded with scrumptious smelling blossoms and more buds yet to open PLUS a few callas thrown in. And of course when I asked the occasion, he just said it was "'Cause your awesome and "cause I can" with a big sweet smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment