Tuesday 6 July 2010

Finally, He's Home!

I finally have my husband back! I wasn't altogether sure he was actually going to make it, though. He called and said he would be on the 4:40pm bus and to meet him then at the bus station. Well, I watched the bus arrive at 4:40pm and no Gerrit. I about had a panic attack. Why didn't I call him? you ask. Because his phone was dead and there was no way to get a hold of him. However, he did show up on the 5pm bus so all is well that ends well.

Since then, we have just been enjoying being together again. He was awesome enough to take off 3 of the 4 days of this week. Sunday, for the fourth, we went out of Feltwell where they had a huge carnival and celebration thing going on. Typical carnival rides and games and concessions. We ended up with one prize that George has now claimed- a small stuffed Siberian Husky that he likes to beat up on and carry around the house- its pretty darn cute. Afterward, we went to one of this co-worker's for a cook out where I showed off my new ability to talk to people I don't know! Gerrit was pretty impressed seeing as how he usually has to drag me around and coax me into talking to people. We didn't stay as long as everyone else because I got sunburned at the carnival and wasn't feel so well- I believe I had a touch of sun poisoning.

The rest of our free time has been spent either working out or watching The Big Bang Theory on dvd (courtesy of my mama!) to which my hubs is now addicted. I knew I married him for a reason... He is pretty excited about my running progress- yesterday morning and this morning, we ran just over a 1.5 miles together. And I love it!

Last night, we went to a pub in Cambridge with two friends to eat authentic Thai food. How do I know it's authentic? One of our friends who went is Thai and he verified it. And let me tell you, we will definitely be going back. It was absolutely wonderful food- great flavor but not heavy like chinese food and not so spicy as to burn all of your taste buds off.

We have no set plans for the rest of the week. We're just kind of winging it from day to day, doing whatever we feel like doing and just enjoying our time together. And, of course, Georgie is enjoying it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment