Friday 7 May 2010

Time's A-Flyin'

Time is flying here. In England, time just sorta creeps by but I'm going non-stop back in Ky and I can't believe I have already been here A WEEK!!!

So let's see; I missed posting yesterday so here's a synopsis of Thursday and Friday.
Thursday: Skipped working out due to sore muscles but I went a hung out at the vet clinic where I worked pre-marriage. I got to see just about everyone there and caught up on all the drama and exciting stuff that I've missed. I went to B&N (why don't they have these in England!?) and bought 4 books, went to Target and didn't buy a thing, and went to Macy's where I bought a 12" every day skillet w/ lid. My 10" skillet just isn't big enough and now I can cook more than one thing on top of the stove at a time! I concluded my day with a little catching up on a few tv series I've missed for the past four months..

Friday: I got up and worked out, showered and then went to Kohl's and Old Navy with my mama. I got new clothes for my birthday and some replacement shorts seeing as how married life has seemed to encourage my backside to expland... But I love the new shorts! No more shortie shorts for me! I got three pairs of Bermuda shorts which I super comfy and cute and I can't wait to wear them! After running to Kroger and dropping off groceries, I treated my mother to Panera and then I got a much needed hair cut. It's amazing what just an inch and a half trim and some layering will do! After that, I whipped up some Southern Coffee Cookies, a recipe I got from a book. They are pretty good- I expected a stronger coffee flavor but they are really fluffy and light for cookies which I really like. I might tweak the recipe to see what I can come up with. The rest of my evening will entail curling up with one of my new books and a mug of hot tea before passing out in my bed.

I should get to talk to my husband in the next two days! I'm so excited! I'm done with the emailing and am ready to talk to him and hear his voice again. Tomorrow's agenda: heading to out to BC to hang out with Gerrit's family.

PS-Just realized I missed Wednesday too! Whoops!

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever been to Waterstones? Its a bookstore in England. Its pretty good, there was one down the street from our house in London so I went there alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I'll have to check it out when I get back to see if there is one close. I just hate paying for books in pounds...

    ReplyDelete