Friday 21 May 2010

Homesick

I love every minute I am getting to spend with my best friends and my family. I am so thankful for all of these wonderful people in my life and all these big events I am getting to take part in. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

But... I really miss my husband. Skype only goes so far and sometimes I feel like it is more of a tease to me able to hear and see my husband but not be able to hug or reach out and just touch his face. (No I'm not a complete weirdo- Gerrit has perpetual 5'o'clock shadow and I like the scratchiness.)I miss curling up on the couch with him and exploring England with him and kissing him good bye when I'm half asleep every day before he goes to work.

I have figured out that by our one year anniversary, we will have spent at least 6 months of our first year of marriage apart from each other. I am eternally grateful for the guaranteed employment and paycheck every two weeks and am so thankful for what the Air Force has done for us. But some days it just plain doesn't seem fair.

I absolutely cannot wait to see my husband in 13 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment