Friday 28 May 2010

I love Weddings!

I absolutely love everything leading up to the Big Day!

Last night was the bachelorette party for my best friend, Sara, who is getting married on Saturday. Wednesday evening, I made a chocolate chip cheesecake for our dessert and, with the help of my wonderfully helpful mother, I made a giraffe and pink "Bachelorette" sash (so cute!). We went out to eat at Olive Garden and then went to a pottery place where you can paint and personalize all sorts of goodies! Everyone made their own piece to keep except for myself. I made a commemorative giraffe-print large square plate with the date and a thumbprint from everyone who was there. It turned out wonderfully and I can't wait to see pictures of it after it has been fired. Talk about tons of fun last night!

This afternoon was the luncheon at this amazing restaurant, The Bistro. Absolutely wonderful European food as well as wonderful women.It was so fun to just chat and see people I haven't seen since I left for England last December. I absolutely love to just dress up and spend the afternoon with "The Girls"!

And I must say that I have the absolutely, most loving best friend in the entire world. During our freshman year of college, I asked her if she would be there when I had a baby and she said "Of course! Yes, I will!", that she would hop on a plane to where ever I was. In my "Thank you" note from her today, she reminded me of that promise along with this excerpt: "The first savings plan Paul and I open is the 'Plane Ticket to Lindsay' account." Of course I was doing all I could not to sob and ruin my eye make-up (it hadn't occurred to me to put on water-proof mascara this morning). I am so blessed to have such a wonderful best friend and I wouldn't have missed the wedding or the past few weeks leading up to it for anything!

I must now figure out what I am going to say during my toast to the Bride and Groom tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment