Saturday 1 May 2010

Lazy Saturday

I slept the sleep of the dead after being awake so long. 12 glorious hours of not even moving in my sleep.

Today has involved laying on the couch, eating breakfast, laying on the couch some more, showering, and playing Scrabble.

Random fact: my family is big into Scrabble. Instead of being the family who goes and plays a big game of football in the backyard when we get together, we all sit down to play a highly competitive game of Scrabble. The goal has always been to beat my mother, the word nerd. Today, she won, but only beat me by a mere 11 points after having consecutive 6 vowels and 1 consonant racks. It definitely could have been worse. And by highly competitive, I mean when I was little, I used to hide the high point tile's under my butt to try to even have a chance at winning...

One thing I have missed dearly is the wonderful water pressure in the shower! At my house in England, the water pressure is more like a strong trickle. Here, I felt as though I was being blasted with hot water. It was amazing.

Gerrit has found a computer at work which he can email me from, thank the Lord! So I have now heard from him at least 4 times within the first 24 hours of being here. It's not nearly the same as being able to hear his voice, but I am grateful just to be able to hear from him regularly.

Tonight's agenda: El Mazatlan! This is only like the best authentic Mexican restaurant around. I am meeting a group of friends there just to hang out and catch up after being away for 4 months. I have been looking forward to this for about a month now. There are just too many things on the menu that sound SOOO good. I have no idea what I will order...

It has rained nonstop since I went to bed last night... I leave sunny England for the torrential downpours of southern Kentucky... ahh there's no place like home with thunderstorms..

No comments:

Post a Comment