Tuesday 4 May 2010

Kentucky Happenings

I feel as though I've been all over BG since the rain finally stopped Sunday night.
Yesterday morning, and already this morning, I have found a gym and started working out hard. I ran errands all yesterday- everything from getting a dress altered to browsing the mall to hitting up Walmart and Kohls. I feel as though I've done nothing but spend money! However, the majority of it was spent on gifts for my two favorite guys - my dad and my husband- definitely worth the money.

Yesterday evening I had dinner with my former lab partner and great friend, Justin. We ate on campus and just chatted it up for two hours and it was pretty awesome. I haven't really sat down and had an easy going, awkwardness free conversation like that it a long time. It made me realize how much I miss having a good friend around. I love my Potter Gray girls but I gotta have my science colleagues who speak geek.

This morning at the gym at my home church, I saw two of my favorite FBC men- youth minister Mr John and pastor Dr Hopper. It was absolutely wonderful to see them and it absolutely made my morning! What really hit home was when Dr Hopper asked about my Georgie- it absolutely touched my heart that he has kept up with me enough via internet to know all about my little furry baby.

Speaking of the little hairy one, I had the most awful dream that our row of houses in England burned down and they started rebuilding immediately but noone had rescued George. I was frantically searching for him in the rubble and construction and remember being absolutely distraught! I hate dreams like that!

Today's plans: read, enjoy the sunshine, eat an early dinner with my mama at my favorite restaraunt and then head back to FBC for a fun evening of volleyball!

Lovin' my Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment