Friday 4 March 2011

Our start to JB's stuff

We have already begun to purchase all that gazillion items that babies tend to require.

My first find, and purchase, was a dark wood baby dresser/changing table. The crib that I like at the base furniture store does not come with any other pieces- just a solo crib. I thought, "I am never going to find a changing table that I like to go with it!" I DO NOT like white furniture, plastic furniture, pine, or lighter wood. In my search for baby paraphernalia, I am learning just how picky I really am. But here is JB's dresser/changing table that is already being put to use!
I didn't realize just how big furniture will be in our second bedroom. Between this and the next purchase, the room is already looking rather full. And there's not even a crib yet!

Our second purchase was a stroller/car seat/travel bassinet combo. I had tried out the strollers at the base store and liked the Graco brand the best. The problem was that Gerrit and I both drive UK spec vehicles. Law requires us to use UK spec car seats rather than US spec. I had also checked out what the Cambridge Babys'R'Us had available. There was nothing wrong with their selection other than we would be paying £150 to £200 for a car seat and stroller combo (between $250 and $400)! Being as budget conscious as I am, I hunted up a great bargain and saved at least $150-200 on this 4 piece set.
Above is the stroller with the cozy bundling bag thing and to the right is the car seat and the bassinet that attaches inside of the stroller  when the it is in the reclining position. The bassinet is actually sitting on the base that goes in the car for the seat to attach to but for the picture, the seat would have been facing the wrong way. The fabric is a soft brown and cream suede and the head rest thing and parts of the stroller are a brown/cream plaid- these didn't show up very well in the pictures. The stroller also came with the attachable rain cover but it's out of sight in the stroller basket.

Half way through this post, I realized that the very very VERY first items we bought for JB were these:
I had been obsessed with the JellyCat stuffed animals since the first time I felt on in a Cambridge store. They are sooooooo soft. We made a trip there just to snag this adorable little bunny. My husband, if you know him, is obsessed with beanies. I thought it only fitting that our baby have one too! The bunny wears it so it doesn't get lost. Both reside at the very top of our bookshelf so Big Brother George cannot play with/attack/chew/carry around/kill him before JB is even here. The big eyed bull is courtesy of Gerrit when he was in Sardinia for a few weeks. He just could resist those big brown eyes!


Next post  to come is all the goodies JB's sweet grandma has already sent!

No comments:

Post a Comment