Thursday 17 March 2011

16 Weeks!

16 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I only use the dr's scale so we'll know on Friday, though I may or may not tell you the damage!  ;)

Maternity clothes?I have actually worn two pairs of maternity pants just because they were comfy and the first thing I could grab- not because my other didn't fit.

Stretch marks? Nope, not yet

Sleep:Still getting up in the night due to my expanding uterus pushing on my poor bladder (and I will be for a few more months)

Best moment this week:Sunshine! though that is totally unbaby related

Movement:Not sure if it was movement, but about two days ago, I was dozing after I first woke up and was completely jerked awake when I felt *something* happening with my uterus. Coulda been JB, coulda not.

Food cravings: Honeydew melon- it was on sale and I'm loving it!

Gender:Still a mystery....but I'm getting impatient!

Labor Signs:Absolutely not!

Belly Button in or out? Same as always

Wedding rings on or off? I don't where them at the gym but other than that, still wearing them as usual.

What I miss: Hands down, its a big yummy deli sandwich from the commissary :(

What I am looking forward to: Feeling movement for the first time and finding out if its a little girl or a little boy!

Weekly Wisdom: Pee before you leave the house. And at your destination when you arrive ;)

Milestones: Just getting through another week complication free :)


JB and I have had a great week, not counting the cold I have come down with. He got spoiled with lots of awesome food over my birthday weekend, and I'm just sure he was jamming to the music during Les Miserables on on Saturday night! (Read "he" as baby- its an arbitrary term until we now for sure ;) )


While I am feeling oh so much better, pregnancy wise, I have had some personal issues with my "bump". Though its not really a baby bump quite yet, it looks more like I just need to lay off the cookies and hit the gym. I have always struggled with my self image and had actually lost weight this Fall that I had gained since the summer. Now I look and feel like that was all in vain. My jeans still fit, though I'm not sure how. And when I sit down, it feels like the 'bump' is just the beginnings of a tire around my middle. It's just hard for me when I am at the gym and can "hear" people thinking that I should lay off the cookies, and I just want to scream "It's a baby- not too many cookies!" Hopefully, one morning I will wake up and it will have gone from cookie-tire to baby-bump.
 On a better note, 16 week appt coming up this Friday! Just 2 more days! 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you are absolutely gorgeous and still tiny...but your comment about the gym made me think of a shirt one of my pregnant friends here had that said "Bump not Plump," which cracked me up every time haha. Glad you and baby and everyone are doing well! -Jen Creed

    ReplyDelete