Friday 26 March 2010

My Clumsiness Wasn't Left Behind in Ky

I was thinking of a way to start this when I rubbed my eye and winced and muttered, "Ow!"...

I've always been a bit accident prone/clumsy. Every vacation I've had in the last few years has produced some sort of bodily injury: slipping on a wet street resulted in a softball size bruise on my hip; falling on and getting run over by my own jet ski resulted in a huge gash and bruise down my leg; playing beach volleyball with a soccer ball resulted in loss of my entire big toenail; walking through the streets of London, I almost got run down twice, one of those was by a double-decker bus. Need I list more?

As any cat owner knows, cat's just up your chances of some sort of accident- tripping and falling, stuff of that sort. Well, I have a new one to add to my list, thanks to my furry little George.

NOTE:  George loves the bathroom; he likes to jump in the sink, in the tub, and yes, the loo. Don't ask me why, 'cause I don't know... Also note that a man designed my house- the loo is right inside the door and the door swings in, in front of the loo.

WHAT HAPPENED: I was trying to get out the door to go to my Spouses' Pajama Bunco night so I'm running around trying to close all the windows and get my keys and such. I don't know where the bathroom will be when I get to the squadron so I will listen to my mother and go before I leave. George has followed me upstairs and runs into the bathroom ahead of me. I'm in a hurry so I hastily lift up the lid, taking no note of the position of the door, and rush to sit down before George can hop in...
WHAM!!!! goes my eye at full speed into the metal door knob- eye being the prominent bony part of my left eyebrow just above the eye.

So now, every time I touch my eyebrow, I wince, gasp, grumble, and mutter words which I will not repeat here. Though it is a not a black eye, it is still very red and swollen and very tender.

Thank you, George, man who designed my bathroom, and wonderful clumsiness of my own.

3 comments:

  1. only you, my friend. Only you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHA! glad to know i'm not the only clumsy one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! My cat knocked me down the stairs the other day...so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete