Tuesday 30 March 2010

Butt Whippin' Time

So I'm attempting to whip my butt back into shape... or rather back into my old jeans/making my current jeans fit better. The current jeans which were a little big when I got them last Fall, are now a bit snug unless I wear the crap outta them. Part of this, I believe, is do to the cycling class I was attending regularly for about a month. 'Twas a great workout- however, it made my thigh muscles huge. I had also been attending a Cardio Kickboxing class. It was alright the first two weeks, but then I guess the novelty just wore off, and I just couldn't motivate myself to go.

I now have a new plan of action:
  • On warmer, sunny, rain-free days, I walk between 8 and 12 laps on the track around the football field. The inner most line is 1/4 mile; I walk on the outer most lane. Best guestimate is that I am walking between 2 and 4 miles any time the weather is pretty.
  • On not so warm, gloomy, rain-filled days, I go to the Health and Wellness Center on base (which is free! score!) and rock it out on the fancy-schmancy elliptical for at least an hour on the Fat Burn/ Intense Cardio setting. These machines have screens which show you either running on a track, how high you have gone in elevation, or your progress in a 5k. 
  • I'm attempting to do this at least 5 days a week and may go with the hubby on the weekends so we both get to work out AND spend time together! Now ain't that just adorable?!?
  • Also, ever other day, I am doing an ab routine which includes: six 40-45 second planks, 30 modified throw-downs, and 21 yoga ball things (sorry, don't have a name for them!) These numbers will increase with time.
All this to feel better about myself and fit into my jeans better! And also, I'm a wee bit paranoid my dress for my best friend's wedding won't fit come May 29th, seeing as how I bought my dress last May.

We'll see how this new plan holds up! Wish me luck!

(Question of the Day: If "ain't" isn't a word, why did Spell Check NOT underline in when I typed it under the third bullet???)

3 comments:

  1. wow.. you are so healthy!! I hate exercising :\ I am horrible! I would rather just diet myself to death. I really need to get with the program..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sort of dieting too. Cutting out half my protein to reduce my huge muscle-y legs and reducing my heavy carbs and eating more veggies.

    ReplyDelete