Sunday 20 February 2011

A New Year with Exciting News!

It is 2011 and what a year it is going to be! If you have checked out all my new edits, you will see a a new count down and the latest pictures of our soon-to-be addition to our little family. Yes, that's right folks. There's a baby on the way!!!

Our world was officially rocked on Christmas Eve morning. I was still late, even though the home pregnancy test a week before had been negative. We were traveling the next day to the states, to surprise (!) our families for the holiday so I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry and reaffirm that negative before the next day of hectic, transatlantic traveling. So after breakfast, I *did my thing* and waited . 3 minutes later....  "Gerrit.... come here...." -Gerrit comes upstairs- "Is..is...is that a line?" Barely there, but still there, was the | across the --. I, of course, couldn't believe that it was actually a positive. After our trip to the gym, we stopped to pick our a HPT that I could read whether it said positive or negative, rather than trying to decipher possible lines. Lo and behold, those two came up positive as well!


Not only did we get to surprise our families by showing up unexpectedly Christmas weekend, but also share the news of our newest little addition. Everyone has been so excited and supportive and just been completely wonderful with kind and heartfelt words and lots of advice. I only wish I could spend more time with my close friends and family during months between now and our little Jumping Bean's arrival.

I am currently 12 weeks as of this weekend and am due on September 4, 2011. I plan on keeping the blog at least weekly updated on how Jumping Bean and I are doing. Pictures to come!

28 more weeks to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment