Wednesday 29 September 2010

The Autumn

It has officially changed seasons since my last post. I saw my first tree with leaves changing color today. It was absolutely lovely. Have I ever mentioned my favorite season is Fall? Not to copycat Tom Hanks in You've Got Mail but it really does make me want to buy school supplies. Something about the cool crisp air, damp air, shorter days, blue jeans and lightweight jackets, homework... I always go back to elementary school days. Fall meant that school was starting back, meaning new schools supplies, new shoes, new clothes, new jackets. In my photographic brain, I see out of the back seat passenger window that we're driving down Convington back in BG, heading towards Small House Rd, with my little red bag of piano books, some homework, and usually a snack of goldfish or M&M's. The huge old trees lining the avenue are all shades of brilliant reds, yellow, and oranges with a dusting brown crunchy leaves over the front yards and sidewalks... Somehow I don't think England Fall will be able to compare to with the Kentucky Autumn I hold close to my heart.

Life updates: We placed third in the Crud tournament last week. It was still fun regardless of the end results. I'm still on the job hunt. I met a wonderful woman at the A&FRC today. She is helping me to revamp my resume and also helping scout out potential job opportunities. On that same note, I am meeting with one of my crud teammates/friends who has offered to share her work experiences since being in England with me and help me to find a job.

Life has been rather rough the last few weeks, to say the least. Hence, the blogging hiatus. Hopefully, things will continue to improve as the leaves progressively change into bolder and brighter colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment